COVID 19 News
Hooray! After the Prime Minister’s decision yesterday to relax the lock down restrictions further, we can confirm that our holiday park will reopen from Saturday 4th of July.
How will you be mitigating the risk of COVID-19 infection in your accommodation?
In anticipation of being able to welcome you to our Holiday Park at the beginning of July we want to keep you up to date on how we will be approaching this and what we will be doing and asking you to do.
We are committed to keeping our guests and staff as safe as possible. With this in mind we would like to reassure you that your lodge will be given its usual thorough clean by our staff who will be wearing the necessary PPE. Additionally all hard surfaces and soft furnishings will be comprehensively sanitised with a chlorine solution prior to your arrival. Pillows and mattresses will be sprayed with an anti-viral aerosol, and as usual all pillow and mattress protectors will be replaced with freshly laundered items before the bed is made up with fresh bed linen. All non-essential soft furnishings, cushions, literature, jigsaw puzzles and games have been removed from the accommodation as they are considered an unnecessary infection risk.
There are also a few things we would like you to help us with to help maintain as safe an environment as possible and speed up sanitising process between guests.
1. If any member of your party show symptoms of Covid-19 prior to your stay i.e. a new persistent cough, high temperature or a loss of taste and smell, please stay home and contact us on 01297 625710 as soon as possible.
2. Do not arrive before 3pm. As you can appreciate the extra measures we are taking means that cleaning your lodge between guests will take longer. We would ask you to be patient if we are a little behind schedule, we don’t anticipate it, but there is a chance you may have to wait a little before you can access your accommodation.
3. At the end of your stay strip all of the beds and put all of the linen from each room in the black bag provided, keeping the double and single separate (black bags will be in each bedroom cupboard).
4. Place all towels and floor mats, used or otherwise, in the shower tray in the bathroom.
5. Empty all of the bins and recycling containers at the refuse and recycling points located around the park.
6. Load the dishwasher with all the crockery and cutlery, clean and dirty, and start a normal wash cycle.
7. Weather permitting, open all the windows allowing fresh air to blow through the lodge.
8. Check you have packed all of your belongings. We will not be able to hold onto any forgotten items, they will have to be throw away.
9. Finally, we know you won’t want to rush home, but it would really help if you could vacate your lodge promptly by 10am.
We hope by following these measures we will ensure you all have a safe and wonderful holiday. Please don’t forget the social distancing rules while you’re here and keep washing those hands!
Are you open all year?
No, we are seasonal; we open from mid-March to the end of October.
What time am I able to check in?
You are able to check into your accommodation from 3pm, however if you arrive earlier and your lodge is ready you are more than welcome to go straight in. You can arrive as late as you like, we will provide you with a code for the site entry barrier and lodge key locker.
What is included in my accommodation?
All of our lodges are fully equipped for a self-catering holiday, they include:
- Freeview TV, gas and electric. Fitted kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, gas cooker, full size fridge, cutlery and pots and pans.
- Bed linen and towels are included in Osprey, Avocet, Puffin, Razorbill, Gull and Jay. However, we only supply duvets and pillows in Owl and Raven so for these lodges you have to bring your own bed linen i.e. duvet cover, sheets, pillow cases and towels.
Can we bring our dog?
Dogs are permitted in Owl, Raven, Razorbill, Puffin and Jay. There is a £20 charge per booking.
Do your lodges have a sea view?
All of our lodges have wonderful views overlooking the Beach, Sea and Lyme Bay. The beach is a 2 minute walk from your accommodation.
What facilities do you offer?
We have a launderette which is free for our guests, free car parking in the beach car park for the duration of your stay and free WIFI for up to 2 devices.
We are a very quiet park and do not have a club house, however there is The Sea Shanty Café just down the hill offering cooked food, snacks, drinks. There is also a shop selling beach goods, soft drinks and ice-creams.
Do you have a minimum stay?
Yes, our minimum stay is 3 nights by arrangement; however we prefer to keep to full weeks especially from May to the beginning of September.
Can I park next to my accommodation?
Most of our lodges have parking next to them and for those that don’t (Owl and Raven) parking is nearby.
Is there somebody to help with any problems I may have during my stay?
Our office, situated in the beach carpark, is manned from 8.30am to 4.00pm every day. If you have an emergency outside of these hours there is an emergency telephone number on our answer phone message.
Tower Services, Seaton Down Hill, EX12 2TF
Tesco Filling Station – Harbour Road, Seaton, EX12 2PB
Tesco, Harbour Road Seaton, EX12 2PB
Waitrose, Stowford Rise, Sidmouth, EX10 9GA
Holiday Park Office – 01297 680226 (Office Hours Only)
Sea Shanty Holidays – 01297 625710 (Office Hours Only)
Sea Shanty Holidays – 07926 523 322 (Emergency Only)
Seaton & Colyton Medical Practice – 01297 20877
Townsend House Medical Practice – 01297 20616
Sidmouth Health Centre – 01395 512601
Mydentist Seaton – 01297 20170
Merryfield Dental Practice Sidmouth – 01395 579932
Honiton Hospital – 01404 540540 (Minor Injuries Unit 08:00 – 22:00)
Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital – 01392 411611 (24hr A&E Department)
Coombefield Veterinary Surgery – 01297 630500
Sidmouth Veterinary Practice – 01395 514697
Taxi – Karen’s Cars – 01297 680400 / 07557 044 580
Seaton Tourist Information – 01297 300390
Sidmouth Tourist Information – 01395 516441
Devon & Cornwall Police – 101 (Non Emergency Calls)
NHS Direct – 111
Police, Ambulance, Fire Service & Coastguards – 999 (Emergency Calls)